top of page

Do you have a concern or complaint? 

Let us resolve it for you

Step 1 - Contact our office


If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of our service, please tell us so that we can try and resolve it for you.  

There are four easy ways to lodge your complaint.  

  1. Call us toll free on 0800 467 873 

  2. Email us at

  3. Login to the client portal and click on the complaints button

  4. Write to us at 4 Tussock Lane, Ferrymead, Christchurch 8023


We'll guide you through the process and do our best to rectify the problem for you

Step 2 - Working with you to resolve your concern



Once your concern is formally lodged with us, we will work with you, and do our best to to find an outcome that you are happy with.

During this resolution process we look at your file and the work that we agreed to carry out for you, then liaise with you about each step and the end result.

Step 3 - Extending the resolution process



GJ Harkerss & Associates are members of the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme Inc.


If we still cannot agree on a resolution, you are welcome to use our external disputes resolution scheme.  This service is free to you,


Please note that the dispute resolution scheme may only hear your complaint if you already used our internal process first and we agree that the matter has become deadlocked. (deadlocked means that both parties still disagree)

For more information, please visit their website from the button below

Breaches of the Code of Conduct or Serious Misconduct



The Financial Markets Authority regulates financial advisers in New Zealand. 


If you believe we have breached the Code of Conduct for Financial Advisors or you have concerns of serious misconduct you can report this information or complain directly to the Financial Markets Authority

For more information, including financial tips and warnings please visit their website on the link below

bottom of page